I’ve already missed a few posts out of my 100. Since it was national breastfeeding week, of course, I got a plugged duct/mastitis from feeding Bo and it took me out for a good day and a half. I had a fever, pain and felt like I had the flu. Brilliant timing. So, to kick off the week’s “Things I like” post, I’ll start with…
1. This website: Kellymom.com If you’re a breastfeeding mom, it’s super helpful and I attribute it to helping me know what to do without having to spend time waiting in the docs office (to be told to go home and rest and drink fluids and some other things you can read about if you reeallly want to, but you probably don’t) and to know that an antibiotic wasn’t necessary unless the infection got worse!
2. The Little Rascals (1994). We had a movie night with the boys and they loved it! All three boys laughed so hard and Wes and I enjoyed seeing it again too – it had been a while! Thanks to Uncle Sam for singing “I got a dollar…I got a dollar” and giving us the idea!
3. Annabelle Hydrangeas and summertime in our yard. I know I’ve mentioned the fun we are having with our vegetable garden, but I have also been loving our yard and everything that is growing in so well with all the summer rain and sunshine. We’ve been constantly picking things to bring in or make arrangements with and it is so much fun. It’s all exactly how I want it! I’ve been in hydrangea heaven.
4. The Weekly Meal Deal from the Fresh Market. It is only $20 and it easily feeds everyone. Bonus that it’s one less meal to plan out for the week.
(Last week was Tacos, this week was Kebabs – both were great! Unfortunately next week is sausages…not sure how that will go over so we may have to take a week off…)
5. The boys skin has been so dry from all of our swimming and we’ve been loving the the Baby Oil from Beautycounter. Bo was the one that got us all started on it! It’s less expensive than their other body oil we’d been using and the kids like the baby one better because they are weird about scents and this doesn’t have a smell. And I love not having to worry about it having anything unsafe in it.
6. The moms from “Wild and Free” – a group of homeschool mothers – I mostly follow them on instagram or their individual blogs but many of them have helped me to be more inspired about what’s next for us, especially as it feels like we heading down such a different path and everyone (including Rand) is talking about starting kindergarten, etc.
7. These tasty drinks: The fresh squeezed OJ at our massive Harris Teeter Juice Bar, Southern Pines Brewing Co. “Malty by Nature,” Cactus Creek “Butter Pecan” coffee (you can taste it at the Roast Office), and my old standby which I have yet to tire of… Peach Pear LaCroix with a splash of Organic Cranberry Juice Cocktail.
Cheers to Monday and a fresh new week!